Except for the few learned states in our Union that know better, we in California endured another FALL BACK milestone for the end of Daylight Saving Time. That’s right – a singular saving (aka summer time).
Standard Time Ponderables:
1. Do the cows really know or care what time it is?
2. If the school kids have light in the morning – don’t they have dark when they return home in the afternoon?
3. What was Ben Franklin thinking?
* All Saints and Day of the Dead –
I think it is an outstanding idea to honor both the quick and the dead.
I also think its great that saints are looking over me. I need that. We lost an elder family friend on All Hallows EVE. That gent, in my book was a saint. Thanks for the new high cover and watchfulness, Wes!
* I caught myself saying Happy almost Veteran’s Day yesterday. [I was chatting with a Veteran after a rowing lesson].
Note to self – a Thank You will do.
Whether this is an accurate Orwell quote or not, I am truly glad that “rough men stand ready to do violence on (my) behalf”.
* The Jersey Shore on which I grew up is slowly coming back after that Mother of All Storms last October. Garden State Strong!
Have a fine Autumn (without another perfect storm).