In no particular order, I offer my THANKS to:
1. Those wounded, paraded veterans that died at a Midland TX train crossing.
- And to those thousands of other heroes and their families/friends that our country sent into harm’s way. May they now recover and grow from their experiences.
2. Immigrant Elon Musk and his SPACEX workers that restore my faith in our American Dream and “why not?” stellar achievements.
3. F. Hayek and M. Friedman for stating to what I ascribe about our challenged capitalism and “The Road to Serfdom” which one writer suggested was a must read for all Presidents.
4. Fifty years of the Rolling Stones, 007, plus 90 years of the BBC.
5. 36 years of matrimonial bliss; two perfect children and for too many folks to count/name that guided me on my excellent adventure.
6. A Country Such as This that rises to help neighbors after a Frankenstorm.
7. Classmates, shipmates, boatmates and neighbors.
8. Saints, angels and wonder workers.
9. Ken Burns for his Americana documentaries.
10. Authors, actors, musicians and athletes that let me celebrate, laugh and reflect.
All in all, I have plenty to be thankful for this Year!